Behind the convent is an extensive garden that includes a walled vegetable garden, orchards, vine house, ancient mulberry tree, extensive borders, a labyrinth, meditation and Bible gardens.
St Michael's Convent overlooks Ham Common and is the former grounds of the early C18th Orford Hall. The Sisters at St Michael’s Convent are members of the Community of the Sisters of the Church, a worldwide Anglican religious order founded in 1870 by Mother Emily Ayckbowm, who opened schools for the education of poor children, first in London, then in other cities.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open occasionally. It has previously been open for OGSW.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open occasionally. It has previously been open for OGSW.
DirectionsRail/London Overground/Tube (District): Richmond then bus. Bus: 65