Sidcup Place (also known as Sidcup Park)8056

London, England, Greater London

Brief Description

To the east of the house are terraced gardens and a ha-ha overlooking vestigial parkland. The walled garden of the original house remains to the south.

History

Sidcup Place is the oldest surviving building in the area, the core of the house built in 1743. Although the landscape is predominantly 19th century overlaid with 20th-century municipal planting, the bones of the design may well be 18th century. Between 1822-1919 it was owned by the Berens family, but part of the estate was sold in 1896. The house was a school from 1907-1916 and became Council offices in 1934.

Visitor Facilities

Opening is unrestricted.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Opening is unrestricted.

Directions

Rail: Sidcup then bus. Bus: 160, 229, 269, 286, B14*.
References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust