Facilities of Waring Park include a football pitch, changing rooms, toilets, hard tennis courts, cricket pitch and a children’s play area.
The land, part farmland and part woodland, was donated by Lord and Lady Waring in 1929 to provide a public park and playing field. It opened as Waring Park in May 1931. It was laid out with a raised terrace on the southern boundary with a number of shelters, since demolished as a result of vandalism in recent years. An area of woodland was retained and laid out with paths, and other areas were planted with flowers, shrubs and trees.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30 am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30 am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Sidcup. Bus: 269.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)