King George's Field consists of open playing fields with a large playground at the west end.
The park was created by Chislehurst and Sidcup UDC under the provision of the King George's Fields Foundation, which provided a sum of £600 towards the cost of the site. The Foundation, set up as a memorial following the King's death in 1936, provided funding for the creation or improvement of a great many playing fields before it was dissolved in 1965. The land, formerly used as allotments, was conveyed in July 1949 and the site was officially opened in 1955
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Sidcup then bus. Bus: 51, 160, 229, 233, 269, 286, 492.