Remaining features at this site include an orangery by James Wyatt, dating from the late-18th century. Historically, the garden contained a bowling green, avenue, canals, wilderness and twin summerhouses. All had disappeared when Shaw published his History of Staffordshire in 1798.
The estate was purchased in 1717 by Richard Hill of Hawkstone Park, Shropshire for his nephew Samuel. He rebuilt the house although he retained its moat.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Associated People