The entrance to the park is flanked by stone lions on the gate piers, apparently re-used from Moxhull Hall in Warwickshire. There is a sundial centrally located within the park. The focal point of the memorial park is a war memorial by the architect Charles Edward Bateman, to which panels were later added to commemorate the dead of World War 2.
Laying out of the site began in 1919, and the dedication ceremony took place on October 20th, 1920.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open daily throughout the year.
War Memorial, Sundial, Gate Piers
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open daily throughout the year.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)