In 1984 the site was redeveloped. The hall was converted into residential apartments and seven new blocks each of six apartments were built in the grounds overlooking the lake. A further consignment of apartments known as Lady Aston Park, a BUPA Residential Care Home and private BUPA hospital followed. Now, over half the site is covered by housing and a golf course. A Gertrude Jekyll plan for a wild garden and a rose garden on this site is in Guildford Museum.
The Hall was constructed around 1730 by Richard Scott of nearby Great Barr Hall. Features included a park and lake. The site was restyled by James Wyatt in the early-19th century and was enlarged and improved at a reputed cost of £35,000 in 1857 by Edward Swynfen Parker Jervis, son of the second Viscount St Vincent.
- House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Little Aston Hall
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust