The site was originally a moated manor. Part of the moat and a plunge bath remain extant.
The house was built in 1591 by Richard Pyott within the medieval moated area described in 1706 as having gardens, orchards, fishponds and a pigeon house. There was also a spring-fed, stone, cold plunge bath between the house and the moat.
- Manor House (featured building)
- Description: The house is of red brick with sandstone ashlar dressings.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Water Feature
- Description: Cold plunge bath.
- Tudor (1485-1603)
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust