The Green has perimeter plane trees and contains the 1914-18 war memorial.
Shacklewell was a medieval hamlet that grew up on both sides of Shacklewell Lane, an old route between the village of Hackney and Kingsland Road. An ancient well attracted visitors from the C17th onwards, and various inns and hostelries were established here. Shacklewell Green and Shacklewell Lane Triangle, sometimes called the 'small green', are survivals of manorial waste that were given to Hackney Board of Works for public open space in 1883 by the Lord of the Manor, whose manor house was to the north.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Rectory Road. Bus: 276, 236.
London Parks and Gardens Trust