The site is a mixture of open pasture and woodland, and the old rides are maintained as footpaths.
Selsdon Wood Country Park and Nature Reserve was once part of the Selsdon Park estate and up to 1923 the woods were used for shooting. After this time the estate was split up and following an active campaign to save them from development, in 1936 Selsden Woods became the joint responsibility of Croydon Corporation, Coulsdon and Purley UDC and The National Trust, opening to the public in June of that year.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted for pedestrians. Car park open dawn to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted for pedestrians. Car park open dawn to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Sanderstead then bus. Bus: 409
London Parks and Gardens Trust