The site, originally called Farleigh Road Recreation Ground, is surrounded by houses that were built after the recreation ground was laid out.
Before World War 1 Selsdon was an isolated hamlet with one large house, 2 farms and some 20 cottages. Development took place from the 1920s and the Selsdon Residents' Association, formed in January 1926, played an active part in ensuring that the needs of the new population were addressed. The site of Selsdon Recreation Ground was formerly that of an old field, which was purchased for the recreation ground in 1927 by Coulsdon & Purley UDC.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: East Croydon, Sanderstead then bus.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust