There remain some mature ornamental trees dating from the 19th century, including a monkey puzzle, redwoods and firs along the main road to the west, also some broken statuary and a pond from the same period. The drinking fountain was installed in 1932 as a memorial to the Seears. There is an attractive ornamental cottage in the north-east corner.
Seear's Park was once part of Hammond’s Orchard within East Cheam Manor estate. It was laid out as a park by John Seear between 1890-1912 and left to his wife and then to the local authority on her death in 1932.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am- dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am- dusk.
DirectionsRail: Cheam. Bus: 151, 213, 408, 726.
London Parks and Gardens Trust