To the west of the library, which was built in 1962 on the site of the manor house, is the Memorial Garden and Cheam War Memorial, dedicated to the dead of both world wars. The garden is mainly laid to lawn, with paths and a number of flower beds.
Adjacent to Cheam Library are the remains of the walled garden that once surrounded West Cheam Manor, which was demolished in around 1796. Part of a stable block remains to the north-east. Cheam remained rural until the 1920s but by the late 1930s was largely suburban.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Cheam. Bus 151, 213, 726.
- Early 20th Century