The site is in two parts with Cheam Park the more formally planted and Cheam Recreation Ground to the north having a more open landscape.
Cheam Park and Cheam Recreation Ground are the former grounds of Cheam Park House. An 18th-century house built by Dr Edmund Sanxay, it was considerably enlarged in the early-1800s by London tea merchant Archdale Palmer. It was purchased by Mrs Bethell in 1920 and became known as Bethell House. After her death in 1937 the house and grounds were purchased by Sutton Council, for the benefit of the public in perpetuity. The house was demolished following bomb damage in World War 2.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8.00am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8.00am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Cheam. Bus 151, 213, 470, X26.
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust