To the north of the main front of the RVPB is an area of public open space with lawns and some planting of shrubs, with paths and seating. A footpath leads from here through an area of woodland to Trinity Road.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is partially open to the public. The part in front of RVPB has unrestricted access.
DirectionsRail: Wandsworth Common. Bus: 77, 210
The Royal Victoria Patriotic Building was a school for the orphaned children of servicemen in the Crimean War, designed by architect Major Rhode Hawkins and built in 1857-59. It was on land enclosed from Wandsworth Common purchased through patriotic funds in 1854; Queen Victoria laid the foundation stone in 1857. It was later was put to various uses, including a hospital, school but closed in 1974. It was restored in the 1980s.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust