The house was demolished by 1960 but a number of outbuildings survive and the extensive parkland retains the framework of the park created in the 1770s. It is now partly a public park and partly sports centre and golf course. with many mature and semi mature trees.
From 1771-1834 The Oaks was the seat of the Earls of Derby who used it as a base for horse racing. Two famous Epsom races, The Oaks and The Derby were conceived here and first run in 1779 and 1780, named after the house and the 12th Earl respectively.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail. Carshalton Beeches. Bus: 154, 166, S4
- Victorian (1837-1901)