Puleston Park dates from the middle- or late-19th century.
In 1086, the hamlet of Pliuesdone was recorded in the Domesday Book as follows:'Earl Edwin held it. There is 1 hide paying geld. There is land for 4 ploughs. In the time of King Edward the Confessor, it was worth 8s. He found it waste and it is.' Much of the estate was confiscated by Henry III in the 1260s, in response to the de Pyvelsdon family’s support for de Montfort’s rebellion. Nonetheless, The de Pyvelsdons held land in the area until at least 1433, though their seat moved to Emral, in Flintshire. Puleston Park was probably created at some point between 1838 and 1880. Its formation involved the closure of a road or track (which in 1838 curved around Puleston hill), the removal of field boundaries, the infilling of old brick pits, and the demolition of a house. Its southern extremity abutted the estate buildings of Chetwynd Park.