Cheswardine Park 5089

Cheswardine, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

There have been parks at Cheswardine since the 13th century, one of which was centred on the current buildings at Park Farm. In 1577, when mapped by Saxton, that park featured a lodge.

History

The first park recorded at Cheswardine was in existence by 1280, and there were two parks in the manor, both owned by Margaret Lestrange, in 1373. One of those parks, centred on the current Park Farm, was enclosed by 1808 (Baugh 1808).

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Cheswardine
References

References