The original layout of paths and trees is relatively intact today although some features, including its bandstand and drinking fountains, have now gone. The bowling green and ornamental gates at the western entrance remain. New facilities were added over the years, and the plant nursery and green houses later became Plashet Zoo where birds were first kept in 1964, now closed.
Plashet Park was formerly the grounds of Wood House, a late-18th century house. The land was acquired for the park in 1889 and it opened in 1891.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from dawn to dusk. Zoo: Tue-Sun 10-5pm (summer)/4pm (winter).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from dawn to dusk. Zoo: Tue-Sun 10-5pm (summer)/4pm (winter).
DirectionsTube: East Ham (District/Hammersmith & City). Bus: 101, 104, 147, 238, 300, 325