Agecroft Hall 6186

Salford, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

Brief Description

Agecroft Hall had a hall and park bounded to the north-east by the Manchester and Bolton Canal with Agecroft Lane to the south. The park is cut through by a railway on the eastern side. There were no distinct features to the park except for one lake of reversed 'L' shape to the south of the hall. The hall was of timber construction. The hall and lands were in the possession of the Langley and then the Dauntsey family until the early-20th-century. The hall was purchased in 1924 by Mr Williams of Windsor, Virginia. It was demolished and re-built in Virginia in 1925.

References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit