Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Paget Hall, Tydd St Giles (also known as The Old Rectory)6238

Short Description

Features of Paget Hall include a kitchen garden, a tree walk and paths.

Detailed Description

Part of the field in front of the Hall is an intake from the common. This has an access path across it to the west part of the garden, where there was a kitchen garden. The north side of the garden has a tree walk sheltered from the fen drain bank which is also the most northerly limit of the county.
Features
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Path
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Walk
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Tydd St. Giles
History

History

Paget Hall was created in the late-19th century as a rectory.

Detailed History

Paget Hall (The Old Rectory) is situated in Cats Lane. The rectory was built in 1868 and designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, for his brother Canon John Scott, who was then Rector of Tydd St Giles. Paget Hall occupies the site of the former Rectory and is built on a raised terrace which is supported on solid blocks of reinforced concrete.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust