The house, originally a Jacobean manor house, was purchased by Charles Edward Evans in 1906 and restored. During the same period a balustraded terrace garden was established. The house has since been divided.
By the end of the 18th century the Jacobean manor house had become a farm house. Charles Edward Evans, a shipping owner with family connections, purchased it in 1906. The restoration took seven years under the supervision of Arthur James Stratton, when it acquired a balustraded terrace garden. Other walled areas also surrounded the house. In the 1990s the house was again restored by a development company and turned into five properties.
- Manor House (featured building)
- Now Divided
- Description: The Jacobean manor house was restored from 1906, and converted into five properties in the 1990s.
- Earliest Date:
- Early 20th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Nailsea Court
Avon Gardens Trust