Myddle 5867

Myddle, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

There was a park at Myddle in the early 14th century when thieves rustled deer, 24 mares, 16 colts and 80 oxen. The park lay south of the village with Myddle castle on its northern edge, Hollins and Webscott farms adjoining its southern edge, and a lane and the Baschurch parish boundary demarcating it on the west.

History

Myddle Park is first mentioned in 1315 when thieves stole stock from its grounds. In the 16th century the park was in decline. Parts were absorbed into Castle Farm and its once extensive timber, now reduced to a coppice, was being sold off. The park is now totally lost.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Myddle and
References

References