The original site included a timber built hall on a moated site close to the river.Most of the site was developed in the mid-19th century. Some open space survives as Little Park.
The Hall was demolished in 1845 when cotton mills were built on the site and the deer park was converted to farm land.
- Mid 19th Century
- University of Manchester and University of YorkA Survey of Historic Parks and Gardens in Greater Manchester