Hall with grounds, park and associated wood. The hall, amidst woods overlooking Heaton Park, was built in 1753-6 by Sir Darcy Lever, on the site of an older family house. The architect was Giacomo Leoni. The hall is of nine bays and brick. The site is to the west of Manchester Road with two entrance points, the one to the south with a lodge. Boundary belts to the south linking with Alkrington Woods which runs up to the River Irk forming the north western boundary. The hall is slightly to the north east of the site over looking a wooded area with a number of lakes or ponds with a second wooded area and park to the north.The house has been converted into flats and all the parkland has been developed for houses but much of the wooded areas remain.
Build by Sir Darcy Lever on the site of an older family house. The architect was Giacomo Leoni. The house has been converted into flats and much of the parkland built over.
Ornamental Lake, Tree Feature, Gate Lodge, Tree Belt