Marie Louise Garden 6143

Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

This is a public park, bounded by Palatine Road to the west, Holme Road to the east and Dene Road to the south. The site is laid out on a plan of boundary walks with two central walks forming a cross, with a round bed in the centre. This is a botanically interesting garden, with plants and shrubs planted by the Corporation.

History

The site was originally part of the gardens of The Mansion, and given by Mrs J H Silkenstadt to the Manchester Corporation in memory of her daughter, Marie Louise, in 1904.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal site for general public use.
Features
  • Walk
  • Description: The site is laid out on a plan of boundary walks with two central walks forming a cross.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Bed
  • Description: There is a round bed in the centre.
  • Earliest Date:
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal site for general public use.
History

Period

  • Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit