Features of Manor House include two parks.
Manor House, Newton was rebuilt in the mid-19th century as a private residence.
Detailed DescriptionThere are two parks around the house. Each has a different history. The smaller one to the north surrounds the site of the medieval manor house. It was probably created in the early-18th century by William Hurrell, a prosperous local farmer, who acquired the house and land here in 1718. Hurrell removed houses from the south side of the village to make this park.
The larger park to the south of the brook dates from the mid-19th century when the house was rebuilt. This park is of a simple form with only boundary plantations, scattered trees and a sinuous drive.
- Manor House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
Detailed HistoryThe Manor House was rebuilt in the 1850s amid a 17th-century barn and brew house.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust