The primary feature is a large, grassed area.
The extensive ‘green' alongside the Duxford Road originated as a small landscaped park or ‘lawn' attached to a modest country house erected in about 1785 by Ebenezer Hollick. Hollick went bankrupt in 1825 and the house was abandoned and then demolished in 1858. Its lawn survived and in 1957 was purchased by the parish council as a village open space.
- Late 18th Century
- 18th Century
- Key Information
Late 18th Century
Part: ground/below ground level remains