Lower Hogstow Park 5841

Minsterley, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Lower Hogstow is a medieval deerpark, now lost.

History

Lower Hogstow park occupied high ground south of Minsterley village. Owned in 1357 by the Earl of Stafford, it probably developed out of an 80-hectare haye recorded in 1300. The park had been leased by 1424, and is no longer visible on the ground

History

Period

  • Medieval (1066-1540)
References

References