Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Loppington House (also known as Loppington Hall, Loppington Villa)


Loppington House (then known as Loppington Villa) had a park by 1827, which was slightly less extensive both to north and south than it was later in the 19th century. By this time, there was an obelisk to the north of the house, on the far side of the pond. There is an avenue which leads to Lyneal lodge, both of which are later than 1879. Pevsner also notes a square summerhouse on the garden wall.

Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Features & Designations


  • Country House (featured building)
  • Description: Loppington Hall is a tall, bare 18th-century brick house of five bays and 2.5 storeys. It has a doorway on Tuscan pilasters. The house was restored in 2002.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Obelisk
  • Description: There is an obelisk to the north of the house, on the far side of the pond.
  • Latest Date:
  • Pond
  • Description: There is a pond to the north of the house.
  • Latest Date:
  • Avenue
  • Description: There is an avenue leading to Lyneal lodge.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Gate Lodge
  • Description: Lyneal lodge lies at one end of the avenue.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Summerhouse
  • Description: There is a summerhouse of unknown date on the garden wall.
Key Information



Principal Building

Domestic / Residential


Part: standing remains

Open to the public


Civil Parish