Features of Lammas Park include tennis courts, croquet pitch, bowling greens, playground and play centre, junior football pitch and a nature area.
The park is named after the original use of the land as lammas land where tenants of the manor could graze their cattle following harvest. In 1881 some 23 acres were purchased by Ealing Local Board when it was feared that it might be lost as open space; compensation was paid to those who lost their rights. Lammas Park opened in 1883 and was subsequently extended west to Northfield Lane by arrangement with the Elers Estate, and a lodge was built at the new entrance. By 1907 there were 2 bowling greens, shelters for the bowling club and cricketers, and a 'tea chalet' for those playing tennis and croquet, with 19 lawn tennis courts and 4 croquet lawns by 1911. The park once had a bandstand and over 50 flower beds, mostly removed by 1958. In January 1949 a small War Memorial was erected by the Boy Scouts near the South Lodge entrance.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: South Ealing, Northfields (Piccadilly). Bus: E2, E3, 65
London Parks and Gardens Trust