The park is largely grassland with hedging to the road, border trees, path leading to playground and tennis courts and a raised sports field to the left of the entrance. The entrance gates have the King George's stone plaques set into the brick piers.
The recreation ground was established by Merton Borough Council in 1936 having received funding of £3,500 from the King George's Fields Foundation. The Foundation was set up following King George's death in 1936 as a living memorial and provided funding for the creation or improvement of a great many playing fields.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am (weekdays)/9am (weekends/Bank Holidays) - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am (weekdays)/9am (weekends/Bank Holidays) - dusk.
DirectionsRail: South Merton then bus. Bus: 413