Kilsall 6322

Albrighton, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Kilsall, a 15th- or 16th-century house remodelled in the 18th century, stood on the Wolverhampton to Newport Road. By the early-19th century it was surrounded by a small park abutting the grounds of Tong Castle. By 1881 an avenue had been planted, leading due south from the house for about a mile.

History

Kilsall house has 15th/16th-century origins, though was later remodelled, and the ground were redesigned in the 18th and 19th centuries. In the 19th century, Kilsall was the home of Charles Arthur Mander, the industrialist and philanthropist.

Features
  • Avenue
  • Description: By 1881 an avenue led south from the house for about 1 mile.
  • Latest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Description: Kilsall, a 15th- or 16th-century house, was remodelled in around 1740, and features later additions and alterations.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Access & Directions

Directions

Close to the A41, between Newport and Wolverhampton.Close to Tong,Shifnal, and Albrighton.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Albrighton
Associated People

Just one person associated to Kilsall

References

References