Shackerley Hall 6584

Shackerley, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Shackerley Hall has a small, triangular park laid out around it. Plantations were established at the southern extremity of the park and north of the Hall. There is also a long pond to the east of the Hall, and pleasure grounds.

History

Shackerley Hall was rebuilt as a small country house around 1800, and between 1816 and 1833 a park was laid out. In 1851 Shackerley was the home of George Jones, an ironmaster.

Features
  • Pond
  • Description: There is a long pond east of the hall.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Plantation
  • Description: There were plantations at the southern extremity of the park and to the north of the hall.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Donington
References

References