Jubilee Park, Edmonton 7862

London, England, Greater London

Brief Description

The park has a fine Art Deco style entrance on Galliard Road, and has recreational facilities as well as ornamental planting.

History

Edmonton UDC acquired 37 acres of land west of Hertford Road in order to provide recreational facilities for the growing population as the area became increasingly built up. The site was previously used for brickworks, a major local industry until the 1970s, and many of the surrounding houses were probably built from local bricks. Jubilee Park was planned in commemoration of George V's Silver Jubilee in 1935 but in the event the park did not open until 1939, after the King's death.

Visitor Facilities

The park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).

Directions

Rail: Bush Hill Park; Edmonton Green then bus. Bus: 149, 279, 192, 363