Features of Hornfair Park include a paddling pool, playground, football pitches and tennis courts. Until recently the park was unusual in having a canogie pitch for women's Gaelic football but this has now gone.
Hornfair Park was laid out in 1935 on land originally purchased for housing by the LCC that was transferred to the Parks Department for a public park. It opened as Charlton Playing Fields in 1936, with formal gardens and recreation facilities. Charlton Lido opened in 1939 and is the only remaining open-air pool in the borough, although closed for refurbishment in 2007. The park was renamed Hornfair Park in 1948 after the Charlton Hornfair, which was held on Charlton village green from medieval times until 1816.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Blackheath then bus. Bus: 89, 178
London Parks and Gardens Trust