Kidbrooke Green Park is a remnant of the old village green, and the adjoining Nature Reserve is the last remaining marsh area of Kidbrooke. Kidbrooke Nature Reserve was created in the 1980s when the Rochester Way Relief Road was constructed.
The area was largely farmed until the C19th, and in 1938 the farmland and remnant of the village green were sold to the Air Ministry for RAF Kidbrooke. In 1960 the former green was transferred to the local Council and was used for recreation, known as Rochester Way Playing Field.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted (Nature Reserve locked).
DirectionsRail: Kidbrooke. Bus: 286.
London Parks and Gardens Trust