Features of Carshalton Park include a children’s playground and tennis courts. Remnants of earlier landscaping include a 17th-century grotto.
Carshalton Park is a former medieval deer park and was once part of the extensive Carshalton Park Estate owned for much the 18th century by the Scawen family, who also owned the neighbouring Stone Court estate from 1729. Both estates were inherited by Thomas Scawen who undertook landscaping works, although his new house here was never realised. After his death in 1774 Carshalton Park had a number of owners and later became a public park when it was acquired by Carshalton UDC.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Carshalton. Bus 127, 157, 407, X26.
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust