Margaret's Pool (also known as The Pound and Waterhouse Pond)9398

Greater London, Greater London, England

Brief Description

The pool here had long existed as Waterhouse Pond, but in 1872 the surrounding area was landscaped as a small garden and the pond cleaned and provided with sluices, by John Ruskin, as a tribute to his mother Margaret. It became the responsibility of Carshalton UDC in 1899.

Visitor Facilities

The site is open from 8am - dusk.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

The site is open from 8am - dusk.

Directions

Rail: Carshalton. Bus 127, 157, 407, X26.
Associated People

Just one person associated to Margaret's Pool

References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust