This is a municipal park laid out in 1883 on land donated by Greville and Lady Smyth.
The site of the park was donated by Greville Smyth of Ashton Court in 1883.
Visitor FacilitiesThis is a municipal park for general public use.
Greville Smyth Park is a broadly triangular patch of grounds laid out in the typical style of the late 19th century municipal park. It is mostly open grassland but has isolated trees and more dense informal plantings of trees in the eatern corner of the park.
There are paved footpaths running through the park. There is also a playground for children and a bowling green and tennis courts for adults. The swimming bath is now disused.
Greville Smyth Park is maintained by the Parks Department of Bristol City Council. The grass is cut regularly and the park is kept clean and tidy.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThis is a municipal park for general public use.
DirectionsThe park is at the junction between Ashton Road and North Street at Bedminster. Bus numbers 24 and 25 from Lockleaze go to the park.
The site of Greville Smyth Park was given to the Bristol City Corporation for use as a public park by Greville Smyth of Ashton Court on July 31st, 1883. It was laid out and landscaped by the Corporation at a cost of £5,000.
After Greville Smyth's death in 1902, a further four acres of land was given to the Corporation by Lady Smyth, and the park was named in honour of her deceased husband.