Hampstead's former village green at the end of Flask Walk was once larger, but today is a small area of grass with a number of trees.
In 1712 this was the site for the first Fair recorded taking place in Hampstead, and there were once village stocks and a Watchman's hut with 2 cells. The Wells and Campden Baths and Wash Houses built in 1888 can still be seen facing the Green, the site chosen for its proximity to the original Chalybeate spring on Well Walk. By the early C20th the Green was owned and maintained by Hampstead Borough Council.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hampstead (Northern). London Overground: Hampstead Heath. Bus: 210, 268, 46, C11, 24, 168.
London Parks and Gardens Trust