A community mural painted on a gable wall overlooking the green depicts William Blake's vision on Peckham Rye.
Goose Green was formerly the centre of the hamlet of East Dulwich. Over the centuries the land had gradually been enclosed for private use and in 1868 Camberwell Vestry purchased Goose Green, Peckham Rye and Nunhead Green from the lord of the manor to prevent development. The green was transferred from the Vestry to the MBW for £1,000 in 1882, later transferred to London County Council.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: East Dulwich then bus. Bus: 37, 484.
London Parks and Gardens Trust