The main feature of Swaby Gardens is a junior playground. There is also a small area of grass and some trees.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 8am - dusk.
The land here was owned by Magdalen College Oxford. In the early C20th Magdalen Park Estate was planned as a garden suburb here, designed by E P Warren. By WWI houses between Garratt Lane and Swaby Road, and part between Lyford Road and Ellerton Road had been built but the scheme was essentially truncated when Wandsworth Borough Council purchased land for the Openview Estate in the 1920s and for the Fieldview Estate in the 1930s. Swaby Road Recreation Ground was provided as a small rectangular public open space on the Openview Estate.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust