Ebrington Manor (also known as Ebrington Hall)6113

Chipping Campden, England, Gloucestershire, Cotswold

Brief Description

In their present form the gardens at Ebrington Manor were designed by Sybil Fortescue, the grandmother of the current Earl Fortescue.

History

Ebrington Manor has been in the hands of the Fortescue family since 1456 when it was bought by John Fortescue, Chancellor to Henry VI. The house has often been tenanted out during that period.

Features
  • Summerhouse
  • Earliest Date:
  • Gate
  • Description: Gate piers topped by vase finials crowned with balls.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Manor House (featured building)
  • Description: A manor house, dating back to at least the 15th century, and much altered in the 17th and 19th centuries.
Fishpond
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Ebrington
Associated People

Just one person associated to Ebrington Manor

Contact

Telephone

01793 445050

Official Website

Click Here

Owners

    References

    References

    Contributors

    • Gloucestershire Gardens & Landscape Trust