The site of the old house, immediate gardens and kitchen garden have now been built on with modern executive houses. The remaining original grounds have the appearance of rough, open grassland and woodland.
The estate became vested as part of the Duchy of Lancaster and was conveyed by grant by Henry VIII to Thomas, Lord Audley. It continued in the family until it was sold in 1680. It passed through a number of owners until an auction in 1920 broke up the estate. The main hall was destroyed by fire in 1929 and modern houses built on the site