Coney Hall Recreation Ground is an area of grass sloping to the north-east, almost completely surrounded by housing. The park is largely given over for sports, with some flower and shrub beds. A wide tarmac path, running north-east/south-west through the centre of the park, connects Layhams Road with Church Drive. It is part of the London Loop and has a meridian marker.
A farmhouse was recorded here from the early-17th century. The 1841 Tithe Map shows the land in the ownership of the Lord of the Manor, the Revd Sir Charles Farnaby. In 1935 the farm was sold for development, the farmhouse acquired by the church to be used as a rectory.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
DirectionsRail: Hayes then walk. Bus: 138