The site was laid out as a public park in 1906 and forms a compact garden with rose garden and tennis courts around the library. The garden has flower, rose and shrub beds, with laurel hedges on the boundaries. The walls on the street side are topped with iron railings and there are matching ornamental iron gates.
The largely level site was the garden of former rectory, now Hayes Public Library, and retains little of its pre-municipal character: specimen conifers including Wellingtonia and yews. Other specimen trees include three acacias and a group of three limes to the front.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
DirectionsRail: Hayes. Bus: 119, 146.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)