Features of Caledonian Park include a children's play area, tarmac ball court and a Darwin Trail.
Caledonian Park was formed upon part of the former Copenhagen Fields that between 1852 and 1939 were the site of the Metropolitan Cattle Market. Prior to this they were open fields and a popular rural resort until the early-19th century where sports such as cricket were played. The market closed at the outbreak of World War 2 and never re-opened. The area was eventually cleared, and the public park was laid out and opened in 1958. In the 1960s the park was planted with ornamental gardens and the early 1980s saw many trees planted.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Caledonian Road (Piccadilly). London Overground: Caledonian Road & Barnsbury. Bus: 17, 91, 259, 274, 390