Broadoak Park (also known as Worsley Golf Club)6188

Salford, Greater Manchester, England, Greater Manchester

Brief Description

Broadoak Park has a large area of land to the east of the Eccles, Tyldesley and Wigan Railway line extending to Monton Green to the south. There is shelter belt planting along the edge of the railway line. There are two access points and an axial trackway laid out linking Monton Green to Chatsworth Road to the north of the site. The site does not appear to have been developed. It is now used as a golf course.

History

The site was marked out between 1848 and 1896. It was possibly associated with the development of the Eccles line and the construction of a station near to Drywood Mall.

Features
  • Tree Belt
  • Description: There is shelter belt planting along the edge of the railway line.
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit