Bitterley Court 4678

Bitterley, near Ludlow, Shropshire, England

Brief Description

Bitterley Court is surrounded by a small park.

History

Bitterley Court was refronted in about 1800. The house originally dates back to the 17th century (Pevsner and Newman, 2006: 77). The Greenwood map of Shropshire dating to 1827 shows a small park surrounding the house. By 1883 the park no longer existed but the house was still surrounded by extensive grounds.

Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Bitterley
References

References